Juan Prawda recently retired from his position with the World Bank. Born and raised in Mexico, he grew up attending secular Jewish schools from pre-school through high school. Prawda remembers his daily schedule down to the hour, from Yiddish Literature to Hebrew classes. In hindsight, Prawda laments the "phasing out" of Yiddish education in the Mexican schools, and that he never became fluent himself. Even so, he feels privileged to have had access to the work of great Yiddish writers like Asch, Aleichem and Singer.
Prawda describes the Mexican Jewish community, one half from an Ashkenazi background and the other Sephardic. He estimates that during his childhood there were over five Jewish schools and perhaps around 12 today. Yiddish education and Yiddish language newspapers were phased out over the years, because of “lack of demand,” contributing to Prawda’s sadness over a changing popular Jewish identity.
Once Israel became a state in 1948, Hebrew was designated as the official Jewish language, which Prawda believes was “the wrong policy decision,” leaving Yiddish and Ladino by the wayside. He explains that the result of this rejection has meant the phasing out of important cultural and educational traditions in Jewish and Ladino theatre and literature. He speaks of why he is a consistent contributor to the Yiddish Book Center, describing it as a place to "re-energize" Yiddish culture.
Prawda’s parents traveled from Poland to Mexico with their own immigration stories. Prawda retells his father’s story of traveling to Mexico after World War I, with $100 in his pocket, he began to sell goods in hopes of finding a better life. Over five years later, his mother became more and more fearful of Nazi expansion and decided to leave Poland. During her journey from Warsaw to Mexico, she met what would be her future husband's family, after being assigned to the same train compartment.
Once Prawda’s parents arrived in Mexico, adjusting to Mexican culture became the next struggle to overcome. He tells his father’s story of being tricked into eating a hot pepper, which he thought was a cucumber, after recently immigrating. While their parents never returned to Poland after leaving in the 1930s, Juan and his sister are looking forward to returning, with Poland citizenship in hand, to learn more about their family history.
To cite this interview: Juan Prawda Oral History Interview, interviewed by Christa Whitney, Yiddish Book Center's Wexler Oral History Project, Karmazin Recording Studio, Yiddish Book Center, June 4, 2010. Video recording, http://archive.org/details/JuanPrawda4june2010YiddishBookCenter ( [date accessed] )
July 5, 2015 Subject:
Professor Dr. Juan Prawda W
I remembered him to be the one and only professor with surpassing technical skills at UPIICSA-IPN. We enjoy the books about Operations Research and Education, they are the base of our specialize education in Industrial Engineering and Business in Mexico and USA.
Dr. Prawda has our recognition in Mexico. He allowed to create the basis of the ERP (enterprise business software), we use now-a-days, and understand the mathematical models that should be integrated in the capitalist businesses. I hope that he can contact me because I have a situation with Oracle and PEMEX/IMP that I am clarifying at this time. The best to Dr. Juan Prawda, God bless him. https://www.facebook.com/notes/adalberto-cervantes-rodriguez/how-did-oracle-steal-my-ideas/484337798305612
I am on your site, I do not like that my technology it called ERP is used for accounting and fiscal frauds all over the world, I am suing ORACLE, SAP at this time in Mexico and USA. Yes, these crooks think they are above the law. It will take some time to straighten things out, but rest assured, we will do all we can to put things right. It is going to be a challenge managing to turn things around because the corruption is so very deep. The chances we manage are 90-95%. https://s3.amazonaws.com/khudes/sentia+model.pdfhttps://lnkd.in/eN9Npw6 Karen,
Juan Prawda is a mexican,, he might have a Isreal nationality recently, he used to work in CONASUPO,UPIICSA-IPN, Education sector for the mexican government, at this time he is retired of the World Bank, he used to work in India, Asia, South America given approval for funds to those areas. https://archive.org/de…/JuanPrawda4june2010YiddishBookCenter
These group of jew illuminati stole my technology it called ERP, making easy accounting and fiscal frauds all over the world. https://lnkd.in/eSnDT_t Gutierrez,
I do not agree,why?
1. Pending procedure about the dual citizenship of my daughter Lillian especifically her mexican citizenship, it might be considered a criminal act.
2. Lack of touch of the Mexican Consulate in SA, TX because it is well known about the child trafficking in that area (SA, TX), they knew about all the situation, and there was no help at all
3. Labor benefits fraud in the case of Infosys Technologies-IMSS in Monterrey, Mexico, even the sent me to SASH as target individual
4. Different Corporate frauds already reported between Mexico and USA, it is a world wide well known situation, no invesatigation at all.
5. Being a target individual in Mexico and USA, it has being reported world wide without any solution at all.
6. Mexican laws are only protecting elite jew seudo mexican illuminati families while I do not know any response about my technology, it called ERP, I am the father of the industrial engineering as a science, my technology was stolen in PEMEX by this jew illuminati seudo mexican families.
7. The child support that my families in USA and Mexico might be received by the IMSS after the attack of the mexican and US Gang Stalker according with the mexican labor risk insurance coverage while I was working at Infosys Technologies
8. The are several criminal acts reported to PGR using their website without attention,each case was separeted.
10 No attention at all about the situation reported at: http://www.proceso.com.mx/?p=351991 https://www.facebook.com/notes/adalberto-cervantes-rodriguez/how-did-oracle-steal-my-ideas/484337798305612?pnref=lhc
9.It might be others because it is a continuos crimininal acts. https://lnkd.in/eS8eYZi Tu Denuncia Anónima es fundamental para nosotros.
Con éste número de folio se tiene por recibida tu denuncia
FOLIO - 0ba1842d-fc12-4a12-bd00-1dd863e9fd89
En Breve se procederá al análisis de los hechos.
La Procuraduria General de Justicia del Distrito Federal.
Agradece tu colaboración.